Tuesday, February 21, 2006

U must die in one life, before u can enter another

Changes…I hated them…to be precise still hate them. I felt sick whenever I had to join a new college or a new skool ,meeting strangers wasn’t my idea of a perfect pastime. To tell u the truth ,that is a part which scares me when I think about marriage too. The thought of uprooting scares me. Going to a complete different environment…mannnn,this is one time I envy boys..sighhhh. But I guess its just the matter of starting trouble, once I am comfortable with someone,I take every measure to maintain the smooth relation . But lately,I have noticed that some changes aren’t that bad either…some which u don’t notice at first. Let me make it more clear.
flashback…
4 years ago…a classroom in school…in this corner,last bench last one ,there she sits a meek,hesitant,inhibitive girl,aloof from others.She is so quiet…none talks to her much..neither does she…she actually wanna…but cant make herself do it. Going and asking someone ‘can I sit with u’ seems like a herculian task before her.. she feels that others wouldn’t want her around, that she is intruding their privacy…so she lives as a shelled animal(if u still dont get it, dumboo.. its ‘me’).
Now..
Classroom in college…still the last bench last one,there I am…trying to write ‘kick me’ on my front bencher friend’s back…
This is the change I mentioned…I am not claiming that I am a popular or smarrrt gal in the college, but this is a real change for me…maybe none else will understand or notice it xcept me.. I had friends from skool who were just classmates when we were in skool and later we grew closer and I had to answer many queries like..’which class were u in wen we were in skool?’(I sat behind u ..@&%$@) and ‘hey, u shud ve come for the tour in 10th..it wudve been fun..really missed u’( I too came for the tour my pal, u really ‘missed’ me…sighhh). In the college too, I was no better in the first year..had only 3 or 4 friends . But now I maintain a healthy relation with a very good ratio of the class. I don’t remember exactly when the changes started..but if u consider it day by day nothing seems to change. I remember that I started talking to the boys in the class at the beginning of the second year(courtesy: YAHOO MESSENGER). Now I have a ring of friends and I am extremely proud and happy that I share a pleasant bond with them. Each of them is special to me in their own ways.Soo changes is what I was talking about…and I will be facing an uprooting sooon ( no yaar…its not wht u r thinking, I am only 19 for heavens sake). I will be shifting home.. spend my last 14 years here..so kinda have the emotional attachment:(, but now I have learnt not to keep a prejudiced approach about anything..maybe its all for the best. So now me too started agreeing …changes maynot be as bad as u think they are.. but it’s the way u welcome them that matters.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its soo great to see tht u're finally getting out of the box...CHeers!!!
#maybe none else will understand or notice it xcept me#
sure we all do, dont we guys???
Beware people...kartoo's on herrr waayyy...hehe

Praveen said...

hey indu.,.IMHO, this is the best post u have made yet.....really liked this one....u wer able to convey the emotions in your mind when u wer introvert...and also u drew a nice picture of your transformation to...he hee....the 'college celebrity'...
well,, am sad tht u din't even tell me one word tht u r shifting ur house...

~ sAn ~ said...

Nice post. I really dont know what to comment 'coz i dnt know much abt either the flashback indu or the current version :P But one thing that i can say is, people change, due to circumstances, they dont change just like that. And i have a feeling that even in your case there had been something that ignited all this, friends, new college, exams (yeah :D exams changed me, after that i turned into a nut-case :P).

And btw, where are u in my buddy list, i have never noticed u :P

Dreamy Denimnooo said...

Creating frnds is certainly a very gud habit !...

Changes r indispensable but make friends as they like the real you ,don't change yourself to make frnds since you will remain as the very you, for ever

Gud Luck !

GingerTea said...

great post dear ..

ehh ... so u started writing "kick me" and all ??? too bad .hehe ..jus kidding :)

it is so long since we became close frnds that i can barely remember hw the inhibitive karthu was ... u were always that little chatterbox wen u wer wid me .. so sad that we r not together to see for myself how this tranformed self or urs is ....
cant feel the transformation at all ..but i sure can understand it ...:) ..and about the 10th std tour ... i just want to tell u that i would have really really missed u if u wer not there . (the only sad thing abt the tour was that u wer in the other bus ).
and .... this time uprooting is surely gonna be good ... coz u r moving closer to my home :P

kartoos said...

@ freebird- thank u dear.
@ dreams- i know...i too repent it..v have been living here 4 14 yrs...and its been the last year that we got close..will miss u baddddddddddddlllyyyyyy..:(
@ praveen- thanx yaar....and the house shifting will take some time..thts y the topic never came up between us..srryyyy
@ san- yeah,there maybe something...maybe its just me ,not realising what it is..and ill remind u tht i am der in ur bddy list..:P
@ deniminoo- i never delibrately changed...i wont ever change for anyone unless i feel i was wrong or so..thanx for visiting:)
@ meenu- dont remind me of my worst nightmare...now i am damn sure..i am gonna be spoilt:P

Unknown said...

akhil just stopped by to say that u ve got real nice post here!!!

kartoos said...

thanx akhil:)

ബഷീർ said...

i liked this post.. some changes we never like.. but changes only cant change ..all other things will be changed