Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Adios Teens


Guess who’s getting outta teens and stepping into womanhood. Yeah, you got it right. I turned 20 today. Happy birthday to me!!! Was just taking a backward glance, on my past b’days. Wondering about the changes that occurred in my attitude towards the birthday. Was always excited about the birthday in my childhood(evry kid is..i know:D). when I was a kid, I’ve always wanted to get older and be the role model for younger cousins. You know how the li’l kids look upon their big bro’s n sis with great admiration and follow them everywhere around..i always used to do tht and wanted to grow fast to be on the other side n play the ‘jaada’ elder one. Similar was the case with my teenage as well. Wanted to become ‘sweet seventeen’ from the beginning of the teens itself. But a major part of my teens went uneventful. Not that the left part was blooming with love or something. But then the latter part was blessed with the jubilance of friendship. Think I’ve been quite lucky there. The friends I had were always pretty close ones.
Unlike other birthdays, I’m numb towards this one. Thts coz the pros and cons cancel each other. I am getting outta my teens. The end of another phase in my life. Looking back I wonder if I enjoyed it to the fullest. Ofcourse the answer is no. But then those days would never come back. I’m becoming 20 and remember one of my friends saying that it’s a mile stone in a gal’s life. Now that I think about it , it might be true. It wont be long before that I would’ve to leave this place and my beloved ones and go live in an ambience where everything would be alien to me. Where I wont be able to sleep till sun strikes my face, stay infront of the pc until sun rises, grab whatever eatables you can find and go lie in the couch watching t v, come up with weird ideas of spending( to be read as wasting) time and many more. Some of you might be having the opinion that there wont be much difference after marriage as well. I don’t agree. I am not claiming that the in-laws would be the cruel ones like you see in mega serials. But still none wont be the same as your ma. The other day I had an argument with ma over the topic that ‘shadi ke baad beti parayi ho jaati hai’. And I was soo surprised and pained to learn that she agreed to that statement. I had always thought that whatever comes in life, we would always be their babies. But was shocked to know that by marriage what they mean is that I am losing my place in my family,where I always belonged and lived for some quarter century. She was like you can visit anytime you want and all. But still..that’s not what I want. Sighhh . anyway I am not becoming much sentimental. For better or worse I turned twenty today. And I cant help it either,as time and tide doesn’t wait for me either…
P.S: my bday was 2 days ago. We were having candlelight celebrations everywhere as there was no power supply for the whole town for almost 2 days and hence the delay in posting.

7 comments:

Dreamy Denimnooo said...

kartoos..Happy B'Day ~!

kartoos said...

@ deniminoo-thank you :)

Anonymous said...

blatd bday wishss... gr8 to hear dat at least u hav turnd 20... jst dank God all f us r still alive

InfJunkie said...

"shadi ke baad beti parayi ho jaati hai"

Tht sux. How can someone who exists coz of U, who u're with frm the time u were born suddenly bcme 'parayi' just coz smeone else has cme to her life.

Aarrghhhh

Anyways, Happy B'day babe!

kartoos said...

@prithi-will do that for sure:)
@ sk- thanx
@ freebird-true pal and thanx 4 the wishes

Unknown said...

@ kartoos
... & i m still 18.
he hee.

@ freebird
aha, marriage sucks rt?

kartoos said...

@ akhil-surething