Friday, August 25, 2006

ENLIGHTENED!


This is quite different from my usual blogs. ie, not writing for the sake of it or due to friends pressurizing to update or bcoz I think its really long since I posted. My first blog entry which is written on an impulse. The first time I switched on the pc and doing something else before logging in the messenger!
Let me update you on whts happening around. My latest featherbrained concern’s my face. It’s about 2 months since the “tragedy” began! Not gonna babble about those days in detail. In short I’m having some acne problems on my cheek and i am down with all the queries I am getting. People still utter stuff like..hey..you’ve got some problem on your cheek(Yeah,like I dunno…after sittin gloomy about it for 2 months). I had to explain it to a double dozen people and the worst part is I dint even know the cause. Nowadays I just shrug when someone starts asking about it. I am not much of a beauty conscious person..but even strangers started to enquire and their sympathetic stares and condolements made me uncomfortable.Thus I have been sulking about my face for a long time now, keeping my long face even longer. And my stupid friends, instead of giving a whack on my head,were consoling me. Today was no different either. Classes got over at 4 and its quite a walk to the bus stop. Waited till 4 50 for the bus. The usually empty bus was congested today. Cursing myself, whining about how my life sucked, covered in sweat I stood there hoping that the sitting people would get off on the next stop. I was staring at the girl in the seat, envying her cheeks, sulking about mine…asking inside Why God? Why me? She was pleasant and smiled when I sat near her. The girl standing next to me was talking to her. I sensed something weird about their conversation as the girl near me was only mouthing the words. And then seeing her use the sign language I realised that she cant talk. I suddenly felt guilty and uncomfortable. I was ashamed of myself, realized how silly I was acting. I felt sorry for the girl, but realized that she doesn’t need my sympathy. I really wished she would talk one day. Thus here I am today, first sad , then frustrated, then pissed and finally enlightened!
This isn’t a unique incident which cleared my vision. Somedays ago my ma was ill and some crucial tests were done to diagnose the disease. That was one time I realized what the actual worries in life were. The day I knew about it ,I prayed like I’ve never prayed.I realized that nothing matters to me more than her..my life ,my comforts ,my career…NOTHING! Thanks to the Almighty she is safe now. But such incidents helps us to appreciate what we have and to realize how much of a valuable position others occupy in our life
.

10 comments:

Praveen said...

thts a gr8 post indu...
really, what we think of as god's injustice to us, pales in comparison when we see what many among us are suffering.... and its a great gift from god that u got when he made u realise that the problem you cried over months is nothing.... and it was really nice of u to scribble that wonderful incident in this little sweet blog of yours...keep it up...

GEN NEXT-> said...

Gr8 blog and ha pls don't worry abt ur cheeks and don't go using all those medicines which ur pals say to u. Go and ask a proper person,as u kno too many cooks spoil the broth! U kno some intelligent person has told that beauty is the way u behave to some one ,ur nature,ur character and not ur face that tells ur beauty!

kartoos said...

@swapna- >>HUGS<< Thank you:)
@praveen- True,i agree. and thanx for stopping by:)
@gen next- yeah,i did see a doctor. And it doesnt matter now:). thanks for visiting

Ken John Koshy said...

i am not talking abt luks and all but in general .luks can come into that......but in general i dont think u should ever compair ur self with any 1..some 1 will always be better than u some 1 will always be worse than u...u set ur self stds and if u attain those stds be happy else u get sad..i dont think there is anything rong with that...so be happy when u r supposed to be happy and be sad when u r supposed to be sad......frm my xperience after each time u be sad u will learn a new lesson....so no shame in being sad....i know u r trying to console ur self...still i just said this....god bless u and rem no i talks to u cause of ur face they talk to u cause of ur heart:P

kartoos said...

@ ken-
(so be happy when u r supposed to be happy and be sad when u r supposed to be sad.)
i dont think u should get sad and do nothing about it...u should try to get over it which i am doing:)

Dreamy Denimnooo said...

u have got the best outlook towards life , keep it up

Anonymous said...

UPDATE!!!!

Anonymous said...

UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!!

*throws a tantrum*

UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!!

കീരിക്കാടന്‍ (Keerikkadan) said...

കൊള്ളാം ഇതു കൊള്ളാം.. നന്നായി..
ജീവിതത്തിന്റെ Outlook perspective.. Good..

kartoos said...

@ keerikadan- glad u liked it,thankyou