Sunday, August 13, 2006

Posting for the sake of posting!


Series exams this week and so im back to blogging..was watching Swades with CHD notebook on my lap, have seen the movie before in theatre..still it’s the days before the xam afterall…had only DD earlier and I get soo desperate the days before the xams that I used to watch even shaktimaan before my 10th public xam..sigh.
But this is one of the movies I liked. Yeah,I agree that it wasn’t a major hit. Mainly because Ashutosh Gawarikar after Lagaan +SRK, the hype generated was huge! It wasn’t a complete commercial movie …but I would sit through this one a 100 times rather than watch Veer Zara once more. I was dumbfounded when they gave the best actor award to SRK for Veer Zara over Swades. Cmeon, this was one movie where he dint seem like he’s suffering from parkinson’s disease. The movie is too realistic. I was surprised to find out that there are still villages where there is no electricity in India,when I first saw the movie. And was moved by a scene in which a boy sells water for 25 ps. in the railway station. Why do people prefer lovey-dovey stuff over such materiality? k3g is going on in another channel-8-..to tell u the truth ,the only thing I am interested in these type is the costumes and watching the luxorious ambience maybe. The movie(Swades) did better in south I guess. ARR’s music is marvelous (as usual). A review for the movie isn’t what I intended to write..but ended up like this. Maybe I would add a picture too. Back to my “studies”then..Adieu.

7 comments:

GEN NEXT-> said...

I agree with u. Swades is one of those films of my hero Srk, which has no chocolate effect over it. Ashiosh's lagan was a hit. But Swades was a flop. Yet the movie tells us the value of being an Indian and moreover it shows what India is facing now,like electricity problems. The film was a bit lenghty yet can be watched for only 3 times,when compared to Paheli, Swades is a valuable film which i think every Indian should watch.

Unknown said...

CHD is a very nice subject! So wrote it multiple times! :D
As for the movie...never seen it!

Unknown said...

it's in my fav's list too ;)
... & welcome back :D

kartoos said...

@ gen next-agrees and thnx for stoppin by:)
@rockus-dont scare me:-s
@ akhil-thnx:)

Praveen said...

swades...really a modern classic which shows just hard reality.... and to hell with that mushy bloody veer zaara.....i just hate that true bollywood kinda song and dance stufff......
we need more gowarikers and mani rathnamss
and lets put the karan johars, yash chopras and all those romantic idiots in the dustbin

kartoos said...

@ praveen- i totally agree...hi5=;

Anonymous said...

Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.