Wednesday, January 25, 2006

U cant change the direction of the wind...But u sure can adjust ur sails

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
I never thought I would write this soon again. The day before yesterday was republic day and I went to see the rakeysh om prakash mehra’s 'Rang de Basanti' with my friends…being in the theatre before the show began,I felt like being in my college meet bcoz a very good ratio of my college was there . I went for the first day first show for the first time and was amused to find the bouncy crowd . After seeing ‘Mangal Pandey’ ,I had decided not to keep high expectations of anything…not that I dint like the movie…but the hype generated was high. Aamir khan’s movie releasing after almost 3 years and that too after ‘The Lagaan’ and 'DCH'..may be I was just eccentric..i liked the movie..but wasn’t upto my expectations( just coz my expectations were too high). So I was apprehensive about ‘rang de’. But the movie just rocked . The theme of a generation awakening is shown in a fabulous way. The theme reminded me of the ‘mallu ‘ blockbuster ‘4 the people’( which would have been great with better dubbing ). But I couldn’t find anything out of place for RDB . The camera work is commendable too. At the beginning of the movie,I had the same attitude as that of the characters in the movie and by the end of the movie , I was surprised to find that my opinions too changed. The first half of the movie is humorous and the second half makes us think ( and made some of my friends cry :D )…it’s more like a fusion of ‘Dil chahta hai’ and ‘Mangal Pandey’. All other characters are given as importance as Aamir. Hats off to A R Rahman’s music..I just loved 'paathshala' and the proposalwaali calm song . So if u are planning to go for the movie…don’t hesitate… and get ready for goose bumps.

7 comments:

~ sAn ~ said...

This wud be the third review of RDB that I have read :) I am yet to see the movie, planning for next week, as this week was dedicated to Chronicles of Narnia (which I felt took a back seat because of RDB).

Btw, I am not sure who you are :) But I am going to find out soon ;)

shadow said...

Ok .. For a movie review . looks good ..nice contrasting with 4 the people and stuff .. but a blockbuster? 4 the people ?? maybe some of my sarcasm is rubbing off a bit too much !!

Praveen said...

first of all...kudos for that statement in ur title..the stuff abt adjusting the sails.....really apt comment for the movie....RDB simply rocks as well as inspires...
Everyone associated with the movie did an amazing job....direction , music, acting, cinematography, dilogues, lyrics...just abt everyone did their job perfectly....

nice review....carryone the gud work....

Praveen said...

hello indu....i tagged u......

GingerTea said...

uuuu ..the laziest girl in the world ... u should have started blogging earlier ....

kartoos said...

@ san-so u found out at last...:) and go 4 d movie soon
@ shadow-yaa man..i hate to admit it ,but d mallu movie was a hit here.
@ prav's- thanx yaar..and ill do d tag soon
@meenu-u knw me tooo well..:D and thnx if tht was a compliment:)
@dreams-i mentioned tht my friends were with me ...and yaa..dis nutcase frm my neighbourhood was also with me ..:D
@ trezpazer-u dint like d movie?????..i am not surprised:D..mayb it was d high xpectations u had...but anyway v hardly hav agreed on anything.:D..may b v can try smething like 'The sun rises in the east' :D..thanx 4 visiting:)

kartoos said...

@trespazer-tum kabhi nahii sudrogeee!!!