Thursday, April 27, 2006

Back in the Summer of '04...


Was listening to the bryan adams song and it suddenly gave me something to blog about.
Me and some gals from school

Had a group and we never tried hard
I did quit and some got married
I always knew we’d never get far
Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever(Pheww..)
And if I had the choice
Na - I’d never wanna be there
Those were the worst days of my life !!!
Well..it’s the summer of ‘04 that I am talking about. My +2 days ,which still is a nightmare to me. I was an above average student in my school,atleast in 10th. Something must’ve happened ( I don’t remember what or else I wudve tried tht again) and I got good marks. Then I took this science group for +2 in a government school and joined quite a no of tuition classes. The 1st year seemed to go quite smoothly. The hard knocks came in my +2.After getting my +2 tuition schedule on my mind, by hearting the periodic table was no big deal. My Saturdays in that year went like this.
5 30-7 25 maths
7 30-9 chemistry(since the sirs knew each other ,the second sir was lineant to us and we just needed to get there by 7 35 and so we could have the breakfasts during that time too)
9-2 school
3-5 30 maths
you mustve noticed that there is 2 maths in this and must be wondering why…well..now u ask,I too wonder why. I don’t think I thought about it then..practically ran to each of the classes and sat there mechanically,scribbled down whatever was on the board. By the time a class would be ending, the dads of the students waiting outside would be ready with their foot on the kicker ,ready for the bike race whose finishing point is the next class . seeing the crowd outside the sirs home once an old woman asked my friend ‘who’s the one that died?’. But in my case mostly the transportation was on my own. So I got this tremendous opportunities to have breakfast, lunch and even dinner in auto rickshaws. Waking up early morning..there wasn’t anuthing else that I hated more. For classes at 530,I would wake up at 5 25,take my so called scooter and rush to the class. I would be so sleepy on the way…I even remember losing my shoe on the road and going back to get it. The classes were so packed which reminded me who was already a little bit claustrophobic of the wagon tragedy. The sir used to speak through this mike which added to this theatre effect. Since I believe in this ‘matha pitha gurur daivam’ policy, I am not going into the details of this sir. The school was the funny part..used to visit that institution once or twice in a week(and I know that’s not a credit). But the classes there were even funnier..we had teachers telling us that there are 2 kinds of planets ,artificial planets and natural planets. But there were very few of them,who were sincere in their profession and who gained our respect,like my maths and English teachers. I had friends who had to give more than 5 medical certificates(due to the lack of attendance) to write the public exam.
I remember not staying at home any of those weekends and how I had to beg for a leave at the tuition classes even for my grandfathers death. I used to get home at around 8 30,my poor dad used to wait infront of the classes from the evening itself. Getting home at 8 30,leaving at 5 next morning, u cant blame me for not studying a thing. I don’t remember being home that whole year. All I did at home was..sleep,sleep and sleep. That is one year I dint touch the books ,my worst year in my whole academic life. And I was hopeless in the exams too. But the thing is that I never felt repentance. Even now after each sems exam I always think..’i wish I had studied better during the study leave’. But I never ever felt that way about my +2. if I felt sorry for someone that was for my parents. I am sorry that I dint raise upto their expectations. Even now when I hear someone is in 12th,I suddenly feel sympathetic towards them. I am just happy that those days are outta mu life and that they wont come back everrrrr… and hats off to those people who survived these situations and gained great results!!!
P.S: Nothing is that bad. Even then I had things that I liked about my life. I think this post got too lengthy ,so ill write about them some other time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seems v did go2 the same maths class..........the oonly thing that kept me alive during +2 was "skool"...7 hrs of immortalit.....anyways nice blog:-)

Anonymous said...

gud stuff . evn i hav thot over da tution's thing. chk my opinion on it
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-HRDzBXkzd6kGPOh7LmRRisvlyw7iI4M-?cq=1&p=3
hope da link works . AND DANX FOR LETTIN PUTTIN AN AD FOR MY BLOG PAGE :-P

Praveen said...

he heee....indu tht was cooll...
especially tht nice reworking of the bryan adams classic....
+2 ...according to me was jolly timee....just had tution with some not so famous sirs...and i had lotz of spare timeee...
get up at 8...go to school...give atendance...getouta the school at 10....then evide venelum pokaam...
pinne tuition just 3 days mathre undarunnolu...tht 2 only 4 2hrs....
those 2 yrs wer the best days of my lifeeeee

GingerTea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GingerTea said...

hehe .. that was cool ..
but i now feel, that hectic schedule was better than spending months and motnths doing nothing .. :-( .. guess i kinda njoyed those days ..
by the way , who gave 5 med cerificates? .. i needed to give only 2!

kartoos said...

@rj- yep me too think so.i remember seeing this fat guy smewer there.
@ sk-so u owe me the cost of publicity:-P
@ praveen-u lucky guy...sigh!!!dont think i ever will get an opportunity to cut classes at all!
@ meenu-i knw,i knw..dint u read the last part?..hats off to u!!!

Unknown said...

Nice post...
I almosr went insane in those 2 years...probably the worst phase of my life...

kartoos said...

@ rockus-thanx and happy to know there r more sufferers out there:)