Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ma-the bank where i deposit all my hurts and worries.


That is the exact description for me. Well ..she is right there on the next room shouting at me on how I live inside the pc these days. When I thought about blogging about her,so many things came into mind to write about. But now I cant put the feeling clearly into words. Still I’ll try my best to tell you what she means to me. We all love our mothers..no big deal! I have always had problems expressing my feelings for others. This is just one way of representing my love for her,what she means to me…(in case she reads…amma ,don’t worry I am not gonna ask for a raise in the pocket money:D).
Mine is a working mother. And she stays outta town these days. As she is a bank employee, she never got much holidays. I still remember well, how I loved the days..i still love, when I return from school she would be home. But I can count the no: of such days on my fingers:( . When she was here,everyday I would have a 2 hour chat with her about what all happened in my life that day. She would be damn bored hearing the same things daily. Still she listened. Well ..ours isn’t exactly the filmi ma-beti relation where they are the best friends..still I can tell proudly that I never had a secret from my mom. I never have been pampered much…never remember her kissing or caressing me,even when I was a child. But guess that’s one of the things about being the first child. And maybe that’s why I grew up into this unromantic gal who never can express her love for people( as some of my friends term me). She wouldn’t sit with me with concerned eyes if I have a silly headache. Earlier I used to get sad about these things ,comparing with my friends’s parents and all. But now I am happy that I can manage myself during times of teeny weeny illness or difficulties . She has had harder experiences in life which made her not much of a sentimental woman…a bold one,I would call her. Still she has always been there for me…to listen to my silliest of my problems, and as she waves it off and makes faces at me about how I wasted her time on such a silly issue, all my worries just melt away. Its almost a daily habit these days..to pester her with the most silliest issues you can ever imagine. She would be concerned if she thinks I got really hurt over anything..i remember such times and I was really touched on how she remembered those issues which hurt me ,even after I forgot them.Now she comes home during weekends , the 2 days when my tounge moves faster than a Hayabusa. And don’t think that she listens attentively. She watches tv,cooks,does other household chores , all during the same time and smiles at me and tells me to get myself a cup of water...sigh.
If I ever liked a movie, I would do anything to make her watch it..but she always used to doze off during the first half itself. I would explain to her things from ‘how sourav got chucked outta the team due to backstage plays ‘ to ‘how this new pair evolved in our class’.
She has always been the right person for me to open upto…never felt like..’I wish I hadn’t told her that’ ever. Thanx ma,for being there,for everything. I hope I would be to my children, what you are to me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if u cant put ur feelings into wrds dont bother to write :| .

Just kidding gal >:D<. Its nice that u have writen abt ur mom. Hope that she gets to read it some day so that she knows how much u love her:"> and next time when i c her will ask her to kiss u and pamper u more;)

Anonymous said...

hmmm..gud one karthu;)this is d best one from kartoos:).expecting another gud one.lovingly urs.......

Anonymous said...

hey indus...
good 1.i dont get much hugs or kisses frm my mom too. i smtimes ask 4 1....:D and 'bout d movies...i've tried tat too..she dont sit and watch nything xcept tom nd jerry..:(

Anonymous said...

evryone has gr8 mom's. Gud to hear dat u 2 got one :-p. da ultimate song for a mom "luka chuppi "frm rdb

InfJunkie said...

"And maybe that’s why I grew up into this unromantic gal who never can express her love for people( as some of my friends term me)"

:-O :-O :-O WHO said that???? how dare they? :D...ofcourse u're 'quite' expressive!!! right girl? ;)

Dreamy Denimnooo said...

A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his Mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:

For cutting the grass: $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00
For going to the store for you: $.50
Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25
Taking out the garbage: $1.00
For getting a good report card: $5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75

Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:

For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me:
No Charge

For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you:
No Charge

For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years:
No Charge

For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead:
No Charge

For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose:
No Charge

Son, when you add it up, the cost of my love is:
No Charge.

When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you." And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: "PAID IN FULL".

Sorry that it is soo long ; but i thought u would love to read it ...

PNA said...

hey girlie .........
that was pretty neat ....

ask my friends and they'll say the amount of times i refer to my 3 ppl at home.......no limits and no limitations.
words wont be enough to put down something and anything about someone who is family, mom, dad, siblings and pets included

cya
Ash

PNA said...

@ DENIMINOO

That was a cute one .......
thanks for sharing it.

kartoos said...

@ hbk- there are somethings which cant b xpressed tht well...ull knw. and i think mom read:">
@ anonymous-:-) thanx a lot 4 visiting and lettin me knw
@ devi-lol..kisses..i am too proud to ask,u knw:(
@ sk-ya..i love tht song too
@ freebird- :-P,i am far better xpressive than u think i am.
@ deniminoo- gr8 stry pal and i dnt mind d length at all:-)
@ ash- guess u understood wen i said i cant xpress properly,thanx for dropping by:-)

Anonymous said...

hey indu....u r welcum my dear:D u knw me very well and will get me soon.lovingly urs......