Thursday, August 14, 2008

F.R.I.E.N.D.S-TOW the gal who laughs at her own jokes

Yesterday, I was having this conversation about friends with Ken. Then I realized that I’ve always had someone really close as a friend. Have you had a friend so close that you thought everyday that it was the closest you can get and realize later that you were wrong? Friends like chandler and joey?*8->* Like Michael and Sucre??? Nah, much more than that . Someone who thought exactly the same stuff as you did, and even when you are among a crowd you can read the other’s mind just through eye contact? I hade one.

We knew each other for long, but the beautiful journey of friendship bestowed upon us 8 years ago. She was very talkative and some credit goes to her for changing my quiet nature. BSNL’s business flourished in the year 2001-2002 until our moms locked the phones, or at least mine did..and I was provided with a 100 rupee BSNL card for each month. And they say I don’t talk much! The sleepovers were fun, I still remember our first one.. What was a combined study session in our parents view was a session of watching horror movies in actual!

We would talk for hours and hours,actually she would talk for hours and hours about stuff from this new sitcom she is watching to Brad Pitt’s and Ian Thorpe’s looks. If it wasn’t for her blabbermouth and constant persuasion I would’ve never watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S(she literally dragged me to make me watch it) and it would’ve been one of the biggest losses of my life:D. I still remember our conversation.

She: You should see it.. (someone’s someone)was saying it’s really good.
Me*thinking how to get out of this one*: What is it about?
She: Its about 6 people who are friends…3 guys and 3 gals. I just watched another episode yesterday, u know
Me: Oh
She: Well out of them one guy and one gal are siblings..One of the other guys is in love with the sister of this guy..
Me*sleeping with my eyes open*:Oh
She: …and the brother guy loves her sisters friend..
Me: Brother likes sisters friend..sister likes brothers friend…sounds like just another soap to me*yawning*..I don’t think I wanna see this.. You saw yesterday’s match?
She: You see 1 episode.. you’d like it..So where were we…Yeah…So the sister thinks the brother is trying to steal her thunder and she becomes ang..
Me: steal her what???
She: Thunder
Me: Like Thumbs up??
She: That was taste the thunder..It’s a usage there.. And Chandler proposed to Monica, the sister..
Me: Chandelier??
She: Its something like that I dunno if its pronounced with a Cha or Sha.
Me:He proposed?? So they are not teenagers?
She: Err..more like in their 30s
Me:*straight face*
She: Edo..They don’t look 30.Just watch this 1 episode with me.
Me: No
She: $%&^**&#
Thus after much dragging and fighting for remote I watched my first episode of friends and I think it was the one where Rachel teaches Joey to sail.
Me: I don’t understand this chandelier guys talking much..He speaks too fast u know.
She: I know. But the rest of them are ok.. Etathi(her sis) teases me that I don’t understand the show and I just laugh when there’s laughter in the background.. I’m gonna show her..Hmmppf!

Thus our enslavement to F.r.i.e.n.d.s started together too. Apart from friends, she broadened my interests in books as well..ie she made me quit Nancy Drews and Hardy Boys:D. I have this problem where if I liked something I’d stick only to that one and wont move on. You’d understand when I say the only sitcom I saw in 8 years was friends.. kept seeing it over and over and over again,but never tried another one.

We joined the same school after 10th . I took Bio just because she wanted to write medicine entrance. We attended very few classes in +2..but whenever we went to school,we made sure the other one was coming as well.

I still remember it was one of those days that our maid told grandma that 2 gals near her house eloped together and that’s when my Granny started playing Kanta Bhen :D:D:D. We both were ROFL hearing her remarks like “If it was a guy we could have married her off to him.. What will we do about this friendship?”

Among other things she was the one who persuaded me to start blogging as well. A common blog was the first idea..but somehow that didn’t work out.

For various reasons over time we slowly drifted apart. We are still good friends, we still keep in touch..But I guess both of us would agree that the peak time of our friendship was during our school days. I’ve found really good friends during my college life but it was through her that the term best friend posed a new meaning for the first time in my life.For that reason however much we fought with each other or find new friends I’m sure we’d have a special place in each others heart.

P.S:-
When I started I wanted to write about many of my friends in this post, but seeing the length of my post decided to write the rest later. So you out there, stop sulking;))

Also if YOU read this atrakangu ponganda :-P. Wait till I write a post about all the trouble you have caused me and how our Math miss thought your company is spoiling me:P

7 comments:

shadow said...

Is that a new side i see to the long face :>

InfJunkie said...

I think of the stay overs and fun we had every time i go thro' ambalamukku..but i guess times change and people do too. Newer friends might come but i don't think anythings gonna be as special as the friendships u had when u were growing up...learning new stuff together, getting info on the "taboo" topics and all so pleased to share them and ponder over it...These are memories I love to go through over and over again. The times when we were actually naive and innocent and not to forget on the verge of turning lesbo :D

Ken John Koshy said...

u r a stupid person who wont try out new things

Praveen said...

ithu vaayichappol enikkum pala pazhaya kaaryangalum orma vannu...:D..my school days...enthaayalum appozhathe dialogues onnum ivde ezhuthaan kollilla:D

good post
and saw tht u r having a new admirer who has promised to read ur blog everyday...cool:D

kartoos said...

@ shadow-yeah sometimes ur nagging works:-P
@ freebird- :-)
@ ken- i did try out pb right:-P
@ praveen- thanks,and rock on music rocks:D

Ken John Koshy said...

dont get me started on that:|

kartoos said...

@ arylnda- thanks:-)