Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Loss of Words

I came online 10 minutes ago and found many buzzes from my friends. But most of them are currently offline. Not everyone has nocturnal habits like me. Finally i manage to make Rajiv talk to me for like 2 minutes from his busy schedule of watching probably some science fiction movie.

Rajiv Nair: joining date vannu

Rajiv Nair: august 28th

Rajiv Nair: chennai

me: accenture?

Rajiv Nair: yeah

me: coool

Rajiv Nair: everybody same date and time

Rajiv Nair: i mean date and place

me: :D

Rajiv Nair: watching movie

Rajiv Nair: brb

Thats it.He said it like he get calls from accenture every night. Im still in shock. Yeah yeah I know it shouldnt be shocking news when people get call letters from accenture after they get placed in accenture [:P]. But it first of all reminds me that we all have very few days together. On the last day of our college when everyone was splashing buckets of water at each other and writing goodbye notes i was kinda yawning,staying outta all the fun for reasons i still dunno of. I guess what kept me emotionless was this senior's words about those last days..that each day you say goodbye,hug and go and the next day they meet somehow again,be it at someones home, or college or at amb or movies or somewhere and that the last day doesnt mean anything. But now I realize its goodbye..or in Anand's words..CS04 spreading its wings :D. Speaking of him i had a hard time when he left, because he was the one whom i talked the most to in the net. And the problem of having one such friend is that you dont give others the same attention and time..and once that one person leaves theres a big void in your life..you hope that you have the busiest of the days..I had gone through similar phase when aswathi had left for an year after +2..I have sat infronta the pc looking at other people in my list online..reluctant to go talk to them..make the first move.. since i havent talked to them online much earlier...wondering what would go through the other person's head..and finally dropping the idea coz of the lack of courage. Still there were people who cared..who understood and i am grateful to them. Whenever I stayed home feeling lazy or coz of the lack of transportation or coz of the rain they insisted that i come..and i went,feeling happy that someone cares about you..thankyou guys>:D<..I've quite drifted apart from what i intended to write.

Anyway..about half a dozen people leaving soon..all close ones..Im gonna miss all of them.. maria's slow and steady planning and confusions until the last moment[Shes still discussing with me if or not to join accenture:D]..Radhi's beauty tips :D[watch out chennai..this is one trendy girl;)]..prithi's winking nature;))..Id never forget the time we had together during the constructive imaginative sessions of m companion:D.. I know I shouldnt be talking like its THE end..but you have to admit its not gonna be the same[One thing id be relieved of would be rj's pj's:D].

I realise that the day wouldnt be far for me(with some hope)..having bittersweet feelings thinking about it..thrilled about being on my own...sad about leaving behind homely comforts..never lived apart from my family. I wanted to write something else when i started, still wanna write more..but my laziness is overpowering my creativity [B-)] !(ahem)

P.S : too lazy to think of a title:-)

9 comments:

Rajiv Nair said...

Finally you "make me talk"??/:)

I buzz you about 10 times daily while your off watching prison break :-|

And the shock factor, I still havent digested that ill be going in 20 days. I just went and put in half share for a bicylce from my salary at zyx yesterday. :-<

kartoos said...

yesterday i asked u more than wats shown in this post...u dint reaspond:-<

Anonymous said...

finally u get me to rite smthin ..like u said yes half dozen ppl leavin nd all close ones .. i hv been trainin my mind for this one day for d last few weeks.. but i realise i hvnt succeeded..yes ll miss them all . donno y i feel so even m goin to miss tommy [:P] bein d 1st guy who tlkd to me in cllgg..ll nevr evr forget him >:D< nd rj 's headbangin nd his show wid d drumstickss 8-> .. not to mention our "primd" ..hope accenture guys finds out d talent in maria nd dont make her a project manager [-o< . radhi :-< whose opinion am i gonna get when i buy d nxt saree..wont keep out of her home evn though she s away :P prithi still donno whether its time for a goodbye .jst one tip:dont scream without openin ur eyes at nite :-<

kartoos said...

@ devi-n also not to mention the bookish veena..hope dey give her enuff leave for her chechis marriage:D

Unknown said...

Some of the sweet memories in our very short stint to be a successful B.Tech graduate and that too sometin whch we nvr thght wld turnout to be such a good one..To be frank my frst experience of missing my friends has started to worry me..Be it the thrill of calling out 36 nd waitin for tht look at no.35s face[:D]... or the alwys patient maria who is very good in makin others impatient[:-<]..the alwys saintly look in prithis face tryin to find out sometin[:P] whch at times scares u out..rj avanepati prethyikichonumilla parayan aalu puliyaa soo eetho oru accenturian is gonna suffer but still i am gonna loose this chalu partner[:(]..ndd tuk goin leaves me with no1 to tlk about F1[:((]..exms are over nd veena is leavin[:D]..some day we will also hve to say adios nd thn thre mght be some1 who'll miss us too[:)]..

kartoos said...

@ rahul- also suji with her batting eyelashes ;;)

Unknown said...

Offlines from friends, how much do I miss that! I see around 0 people average online on my list everyday...most of them are away from home and dont use messenger at all...Can't believe its nearly 30 months since our last conference...Time will zip fast you, just be careful to hold on to your friends!

kartoos said...

@ rockus-glad that u visited:-)

Ken John Koshy said...

maria not going [:P]